Sunday, August 9, 2009

Does anyone?

Does anyone notice when an old woman dies?

She wasn’t a tree in the woods,

She isn’t schroedinger’s cat

Why isn’t the world screaming, dying…

Why am I the only one I can hear crying, even as quiet as it is..

I don’t want to ask these questions…

Should I feel bad, that I didn’t feel this with papaw..

Am I bad for that?

I loved him too, just as much

Maybe I just had closure there moreso than here

I didn’t say I love you enough, but do we ever?

She was so small, so very small, but never a small woman in anyone’s eyes.

Pillar she was to me, anchor

Buffalo games, long vacation rides..an understanding ear and a blueberry pie

Why the hell is the sun shining so bright, it should be out…

Put that fucking thing out. Stop it’s shining.

I can’t believe it hurts this much. No one else did

I thought I had a handle on death, a grip

Am I lying to myself? Maybe in age I feel it more?

Twisting burning hating loving missing crying screaming pain….

Jesus, give her the fuck back….make her whole again

Make her my mamaw again.


I was moving, moving home again. Going to be there

Why didn’t I do it sooner?

Shit shit shi…

Victoria Concannon

Vicki

Vic

Momma

Mom

Mommy

Love

Gramma

Mamaw

All these things she was, but more

Sacred

Feminine

Matron

Wife

Creator goddess

She was love,

And God I am going to miss her with all my being….

Victoria Concannon

Died this day, and not enough people wept…

But I think I hear a little of the world groing smaller

No comments:

Post a Comment