Sunday, February 5, 2012

Long time, no type!

Okay, so wow...I thought I was busy before, but I haven't had a moment to sit down and type...until I looked at my blog(wasteland) and saw, NOTHING for January.
I had a desire to get in something every week or two, and instead I missed a whole bloody month.
The Baby rocks, but wow does time fly now.

So, frustration abounds.
I don't have time for pick-up/friendly games it seems, so I've been attending only tournaments (and not many at that, won't even be making one in Feb at all probably).
I grew frustrated with the GK incarnation I had settled on sometime in Nov/Dec, after a tournament in Cincy...way too point-and-click, no thought.

I went to another one in Jan, and brought a fun/competitive list (mixed Razor-BA). I had a blast, but realized I had missed the mark (too much of a blind-spot) and got rick-rolled by an Ork list. That frustrated me further. Not so much the loss, but the fact that it wasn't even close. I don't lose that egregiously, not very often if at all.

So back to the drawing board, and back to my GK.

I have these wonderful units/models, but eschewed their use in favor of more efficient units.
I want to go back to these great models, but still field something with potency...
enter;
Mordrak and his Ghost Knights!





(yeah, I shouldn't have used the flash on this next one...but baby-meltdown has me using what I managed to take)



The list is shaping up in this direction, with play in the points to go in different directions...and a likelihood of replacing some/all of the Henchmen units with GKSS for testing further down the pipe.

-Mordrak
5x Ghost Knights (3x NFH, 1x NDH, 1x NFW)
-Coteaz
-Venerable Psifleman
-Vindicare
-Henchmen (x3)
Psiback
-Henchmen (x3)
Psiback
-Henchmen (x3)
Psiback
-Henchmen (x3)
Chimera(hvy flamer)
-Henchmen (x3)
Chimera(hvy flamer)
-Henchmen (x3)
Chimera(hvy flamer)
-Nemesis Dreadknight
(PT,Hvy Incinerator)
-Nemesis Dreadknight
(PT,Hvy Incinerator)
-Psifleman
(1850pts)

The Vindicare is a filler, for now, as the tweaks I have put me precisely 145pts shy of 1850pts (he has been a hit-or-miss for me, but on games he hits...he HITS).


Right now, it's a list to deliver my fun units and still (hopefully) put out a beat-down...but at the same time, not be so overwhelming (in the firepower department) that it seems less like a game and more like a desperate race to see how many dice I can throw down in one turn.

3 comments:

  1. for play-testing, they will remain naked...that way they don't skew how the other units are performing.
    once I've played it out for a few games (and different types of opponent's), I will start dumping silt and start wratcheting them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. edited for clarity, I typed 2k...but this list was for 1850.

    ReplyDelete